Easter Island Foundation Scholarships:
The Easter Island Foundation welcomes applications for scholarships. Our Selection Committee consists of the EIF Scholarship Committee and the Rapa Nui Scholarship Committee, which includes representatives of the office of the Governor of Rapa Nui and teachers from Rapa Nui.
Important selection criteria:
Applicants must satisfy all of the criteria below:
- Be of Rapanui ancestry
- Have attended school on the island of Rapa Nui
- Be enrolled and in good academic standing (with passing grades) at an institution or university in 2023
- Have completed two years of undergraduate studies
Additionally, applicants must:
- Complete all sections of the Easter Island Foundation scholarship application form, including a compostion written in English, Spanish and Rapanui
- Submit transcripts of grades from the past two years
- Submit a signed letter of recommendation from an academic advisor on official university letterhead
- Submit a recent digital photograph (ID card photographs are not acceptable)
If you are a student with Rapanui ancestry and have completed two years of college, you may apply for an Easter Island Foundation scholarship. Applications for the 2023 academic year are available to download below. Applications must be submitted no later than January 20, 2023. Please contact us if you have any questions about the Easter Island Foundation Scholarship Program.