To apply for an Easter Island Foundation Scholarship:
The 2013 scholarship application form is has been updated and is available for downloading below. Please note that the application is in English and Spanish and selection criteria below will be applied to all applicants. Please read the information carefully. Applications that do not take each of the criteria into account will not be accepted. The Selection Committee consists of the EIF Scholarship Committee; a representative of the office of the Governor of Rapa Nui; and two teachers of Rapa Nui culture at the local school.
• Applicants must be of Rapanui ancestry and preferably under the age of 30.
• Scholarships are awarded on a competitive bases: past academic performance and 2 short essays describing the goals of the student and how he/she hopes to apply his/her education are required.
• A recent digital photograph of the applicant must accompany the application; the image may be used to promote the EIF scholarship program and will not be used for any other purposes.
• Scholarship applicants selected will receive one-half of the award at the beginning of the year. Each recipient must file a formal report to the EIF scholarship committee at the end of the first term, describing his/her progress in the area of study. After the report is received, the second-half of the award will be disbursed. Students who do not submit a report after the first term may not be awarded the second half of their scholarship.
Occasionally the Scholarship Committee, on its own initiative and with the approval of the Board of Directors, will recommend a scholarship outside of the normal application process to an especially deserving Rapanui student.
Instrucciones en Español:
Por favor, remite toda la documentación antes de 31 del diciembre.
1) Transferencia directa formulario al disco duro. 2) Completa la forma en su computadora. 3) Graba archivo con su nombre para el archivo. 4) Envíe el archivo vía correo electrónico a:
scholarships “at” islandheritage.org
Un formulario de solicitud en MS Word (con instrucciones para entrega) se puede descargar haciendo clic en el enlace abajo. Fíjese que la solicitud viene en español y el criterio enumerado en la parte superior de la página se aplicará a todos los solicitantes.
The scholarship application for the 2013 school year is available for download in MS Word or PDF format; please click on the links below.