To apply for an Easter Island Foundation Scholarship:
Applications for 2017 scholarships are available now; please click on the appropriate link at the bottom of this page. Please note that applications are in English and Spanish and selection criteria below will be applied to all applicants. Please read the information carefully. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. The Selection Committee consists of the EIF Scholarship Committee and the Easter Island Committee which includes a representative of the office of the Governor of Rapa Nui; and two teachers from Rapa Nui.
• Applicants must be of Rapanui ancestry, be under the age of 35, and have attended school on Rapa Nui.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in an institution or university, be in good academic standing and have completed two years of study.
• Students who plan to return to Easter Island to work in their field of study will be given the highest consideration.
• Students must complete the EIF scholarship application form which includes two short essays that describe students’ goals and tell how they will use their education once they graduate. Essays must be written in Spanish, English and Rapa Nui.
• Applicants must submit a transcript of their grades from the past two years and a signed letter of recommendation from their academic advisor.
• A recent digital photograph of the applicant must accompany the application; the image may be used to promote the EIF scholarship program and will not be used for any other purposes.
• Scholarship applicants selected will receive one-half of the award at the beginning of the year. Each recipient must file a formal report to the EIF scholarship committee at the end of the first term, describing his/her progress in the area of study. After the report is received, the second-half of the award will be disbursed. Students who do not submit a report after the first term may not be awarded the second half of their scholarship.
Occasionally the Scholarship Committee, on its own initiative and with the approval of the Board of Directors, will recommend a scholarship outside of the normal application process to an especially deserving Rapanui student.
NEW STUDENTS: Please click on the link below to access the EIF Scholarship Application for NEW STUDENTS for the 2017 school year.
CONTINUING STUDENTS: Please click on the link below to access the EIF Scholarship Application for CONTINUING STUDENTS for the 2017 school year.